Sunday, August 16, 2009

My little weirdisms


Pip from over at Meet Me at Mike's recently wrote an excellent little post about being weird and quirky and yourself. And I think that's ace. I reckon it's our strange little differences that make us awesome, unique, interesting individuals. And I reckon that we should stop trying to hide them and stop pretending that we are normal and even that there is a normal. Because there isn't, not really. We should just learn to embrace the weird!

Here's a list of my little weirdisms:

  • I like going to the dentist. I like the clean, white sterile-ness (should that be sterility?) and I like the feel of that little air thing that the dentist whizzes around your mouth
  • I like wearing crazy tights that are bright red, fuchsia, aqua blue etc.
  • I like the smell of Savlon, mmmm...
  • I regularly wear my chunky black headphones, circa 1985, when I'm listening to my mp3 player (can't stand the earplug ones, they hurt my ears)
  • I get really annoyed when people misuse apostrophes
  • I really like getting caught in the rain. We're always told to run for shelter at the sight of approaching rainclouds, but I think we should just stop and let the rain catch us every now and again - is getting wet really that bad?
  • I have a playlist on my mp3 player called 'Disney Favourites'

I'm sure there are many more but I can't think of any at present. Anyway. You should go and check out the original post. *nodding* xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it!